ORINDA THEATER, ORINDA, CA

Opened in 1941, built by Donald Rheem, and designed by Alexander Aimwell Cantin, the historic Orinda Theater was slated for demolition in 1984.  However, the efforts of local theater enthusiasts and preservationists saved the concrete building and spurred funding for restoration and sensitive new construction.  At a final construction cost of $450,000, Kirk E. Peterson & Associates Architects restored the original lobby and main theater, and designed an addition to accommodate two new screens.

Orinda2_exterior
Orinda3_marquee
Orinda2_exteriorOrinda3_marquee